Galatians 6:10, “So then, as we have opportunity, let us work that which is good toward all men, and especially toward them that are of the household of the faith.” (ASV)
James 1:27, “Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, (and) to keep oneself unspotted from the world.” (ASV)
There are many people in the church today who do not know what personal work is. Many times Christians would do personal work if they understood what to do. In this article we want to list some of the things that personal work includes;
PERSONAL WORK INCLUDES – (but is not limited to the following):
1. It is giving someone you know a gospel tract on some subject that they may be interested in.
2. It is discussing the Bible truth with a friend, neighbor, or relative either at you home or their home.
3. It is telling or showing your neighbor, friend, or relative the happiness and joy that you have found in your relationship to God.
4. It is inviting interested person to join with you in a study of God’s Word.
5. It is picking up the telephone and calling an absent church member to find out if they are sick, or if you can assist them in some way.
6. It is setting up a Bible study to be conducted on a regular basis in you home or somewhere else.
7. It is going from house to house distributing literature about the church of Christ.
8. It is gathering your children together on a regular scheduled day and time to study THE Bible – also invite the other children that your children play with.
9. It is working for the GOSPEL MEETINGS as they come about each year.
10. It is using your own car to bring someone to church service.
Indeed, personal work is many things, but to sum it up, it is concern for the lost and glorifying Christ.