Service to God: What Can I do for God?
1. Always be faithful to God – Rev 2:10b
2. The Love of God is exemplified in Christians by obedience – John 14:15; 14:24
3. God wants Christians to teach others – 2 Timothy 2:2
4. God wants Christians to worship Him – John 4:23-24
5. God wants Christians to give – 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
6. God wants Christians to Grow – 2 Peter 3:18
7. God wants Christians to love each other – 1 John 4:20-21
8. God wants Christians to care for needy Christians – Galatians 6:10; James 1:27
9. God wants all Christians to assemble regularly – Hebrews 10:24-25; Col 1:9-14
10. God wants all Christians to let their light shine – Matt 5:14-16 “14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (KJV)
There are many things that God does for the faithful Christian each day; some of them are listed above. Even though we do not consider the invisible things that God does for us continually there are man such events in our lives. Some of the unseen and unnoticed events by many people are:
1. God gives us breath.
2. God causes our heart to continue beating every day.
3. God allows us to shed tears from our eyes at times of sadness.
4. God gives us the ability to see near and far with our eyes.
5. God allows us to close our eyes at night and at other times and sleep.
6. God gives us understanding of basic things in life as we grow from infant child to full grown and developed adult.
7. God provides us with a perfect spiritual guide through life (i.e. the Bible); Jeremiah 10:23, “O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.”
And so much more: Psalms 119:73-77, “73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments. 74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word. 75 I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. 76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. 77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.” (KJV)